Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Welcome

OK, let's get this right out in the open. I don't drink Bud Light and anybody who thinks Bud Light Lime is 'tasty' needs to see a doctor. I'm not living the 'High Life.'
I don't care if my beer bottle has an 'extra cold' line or has some fancy label you can right things on with a key (actually, if drinking out of a bottle, I sometimes peal the label anyway).
Rolling Rock used to be OK (and by that I mean it was drinkable if it was the only thing available), then it was bought out by Anheuser Busch and, well, that was the end of that.
I once tried a Yuengling. Wasn't bad. Wasn't overwhelming. Maybe a toenail better than Bud, so I'd rather drink water.
I once invited a couple of friends to Monk's Cafe, which bills itself as "The soul of Belgium in Philadelphia," for a chance to drink some of the best beer in the world. While I enjoyed a Chimay Grand Reserve, they chose Coors Light. I felt bad for them.
So, don't expect the usual here. Hopefully, you can get some new ideas. Some new tastes and an appreciation of just what a good beer can offer.
Oh yeah, keep the limes away (unless you're offing some Tequilla first).

No comments:

Post a Comment