Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Goodness! My Guinness!


Ok, so I remember way back when (it must have been the late 80s) when I went into a place that was serving Guinness. I couldn't imagine drinking something so dark and heavy. Plus, in those heady college days, Guinness was a premium price. I needed a little more from my 10 bucks.
Little by little, though, that changed. When I first broke down and tried a Guinness, I instantly fell in love. The taste is smooth. It doesn't bite at the back of your throat.
For a long time, I would only drink Guinness. It was good when it was cold outside and good when it was hot.
While, I've branched out over the last few years to try different things, I still consider Guinness to be the top echelon.
Had a few last night and now I might have to run out and get a case.
Besides, Guinness has the best advertisements.

No comments:

Post a Comment