Thursday, July 28, 2011

Harp stays sharp


You would think after so many beers, you would learn a few things.
While I've certainly had Harp before, I never realized it was actually a lighter version of Guinness. Well, OK, not a lighter version, but it was a 1960 answer to British and Irish drinkers who didn't want the heaviness of Guinness.
All these years later, Harp is a nice summer alternative.
Well, at least it was last week.
With that oppressive heat banging down, the last thing I was really in mood for was something heavy. So, I saddled up and ordered a Harp.
After the first sip, I knew I made the right decision. It was tasty without being overly hoppy. After a couple, I kind of wished I hadn't eaten dinner before making the way to the tap.
Harp would have been a perfect compliment to some wings or maybe a burger.
Hmm, I think that might be a solution for this weekend.
By the way, if anybody knows of any beers out there I should try, leave a comment.
For now, stay thirsty.

No comments:

Post a Comment