Monday, July 18, 2011

Stella!!


I don't know about you, but when I heard that In-Bev, the makers of Stella Artois, were merging/taking over Anheuser Busch, I shuddered.
Does that mean one of the best of the lighter lagers will become another version of Budweiser? Are we soon going to see Stella Light, or, heaven forbid, Stella Lime?
So, I stayed away. Which was somewhat of a disappointment because I remember sitting in Belgium getting my first Stella and thinking, 'This is fantastic.'
Last night, though, I was sort of forced into Stella (the taps weren't working, so it was really the only choice).
To my somewhat surprised tastebuds, the Stella was as smooth as ever. Hopefully, my fears of Bud-ification won't come true.
Until then, enjoy Stella Artois. It's a nice beer especially when the heat gets turned up.

No comments:

Post a Comment